To make a lasting impact on Youth Squad members employed through the Summer Night Lights program, The GRYD Foundation is developing an expanded initiative: Youth Squad 360
What is the Youth Squad 360 Initiative?
360 degree wrap around service. Youth Squad 360 will offer young adults the training, one on one counseling, tools and resources they need to lead successful, productive lives.
This new GRYD Foundation initiative is an extra layer of service designed to strengthen Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Members as they pursue their educational and career goals. The objective of our Youth Squad 360 Initiative is to help current and former SNL Youth Squad members achieve long-term stability and success at home, at school and in the workplace.
What Type Of Services Will Be Offered?
Youth Squad 360 will offer services as a part of a long-term strategy that is individually tailored for each participant such as;
- Case Management
- Work Readiness
- Career Exploration
- Paid Work Experience
- Job Skills Training
- College Preparation
- Mentoring & Life Coach Services
- Wellness & Independent Living
- Connections to Mental Health & Counseling Resources
Who is Eligible to Apply
Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Members from 2008 – 2015 who are interested in getting hands-on help with their educational and career pursuits should complete a short survey to find out if this might be a good fit.
Complete the Survey »
If you are a Summer Night Lights youth squad member from 2008 to 2015, click the button below to complete the Youth Squad 360 survey. We want to know what services you think would be most helpful to you in pursuing your career and academic goals. Fill in your contact information at the end of the completed survey and you will be contacted with details about how to become a part of the Youth Squad 360 Initiative.
One winner was selected at random from eligible persons who submitted a completed survey by December 3, 2015 — the winner received a $100 VISA gift card and a $100 restaurant gift certificate!
How Does It Work?
- Youth Squad members from 2008 to 2015 are invited to complete a short survey
- We schedule and conduct one-on-one initial interviews and assessments to determine if this program is a good fit for each interested participant
- We select and announce the first Youth Squad 360 Initiative participants based on the completed surveys, interviews and assessments
- We recruit, screen and train mentors and begin to engage them with the program
- We work with each individual participant to develop a tailored service / action plan and to establish effective mentoring and peer to peer relationships
- We coordinate small group and one on one mentoring
- We conduct workshops and trainings in the areas of academics, job readiness, workforce skills, financial literacy, domestic violence, household/living environment, emotional intelligence, anger management, mental wellness, health & fitness, substance abuse counseling, and grief recovery
- We connect participants to additional service providers, resources, internships and employment opportunities
- We host college and career fairs with information on scholarships, educational and employment opportunities
- We CELEBRATE!
How Can You Get Involved?
To launch Youth Squad 360, we are looking for mentors; guest speakers on topics such as study skills, interview techniques, how to apply for a position at your place of employment, what’s it like working in your particular field; certified counselors in the areas of nutrition, emotional intelligence, anger management, substance abuse, and grief recovery; and workshop leaders (skills based.)
Sign up below to get involved or to receive updates.
The GRYD Foundation. Creating a stronger, healthier Los Angeles — one Youth Squad Member at a time!