The GRYD Foundation created Youth Squad 360 to offer year round supportive services to the youth and young adults hired for the Summer Night Lights program.
What is Youth Squad 360?
This GRYD Foundation program is designed to strengthen current and former Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Members as they work Summer Night Lights and as they pursue their educational, career and wellness goals. Designed as a 360 degree wrap around service, Youth Squad 360 offers youth and young adults the training, one on one counseling, tools and resources they need to lead successful, fulfilling lives.
What Type Of Services Are Offered?
Youth Squad 360 offers supportive services as a part of a long-term strategy that is individually tailored for each participant such as:
- Case Management
- Work Readiness
- Career Exploration
- Paid Work Experience
- Job Skills Training
- College Preparation
- Mentoring & Life Coach Services
- Wellness & Life Skills Training
- Connections to Mental Health & Counseling Resources
Who is Eligible to Apply
Summer Night Lights Youth Squad Members from 2008 – Present who are interested in getting hands-on assistance with their educational, career and wellness goals should contact us to find out if this might be a good fit. Enter your email below to apply:
How Does It Work?
- We schedule and conduct one-on-one initial interviews and assessments to determine if this program is a good fit for each interested participant
- We work with each individual participant to develop a tailored service / action plan and to establish effective mentoring and peer to peer relationships
- We conduct workshops and trainings in the areas of academics, job readiness, workforce skills, financial literacy, domestic violence, household/living environment, emotional intelligence, anger management, mental wellness, health & fitness, substance abuse counseling, and grief recovery
- We connect participants to additional service providers, resources, internships and employment opportunities
- We host college and career fairs with information on scholarships, educational and employment opportunities
- We CELEBRATE!
How Can You Get Involved?
We are looking for guest speakers on topics such as study skills, interview techniques, how to apply for a position at your place of employment, what’s it like working in your particular field; certified counselors in the areas of nutrition, emotional intelligence, anger management, substance abuse, and grief recovery; and technical/skills-based workshop leaders.
Sign up below to get involved or to receive updates.
The GRYD Foundation. Creating a safer, healthier Los Angeles — one Youth Squad at a time!